- Weekends (start times are usually around 9:00 am or 10:00 am, and are subject to change with the seasons to ensure comfortable temperatures for the dogs.)
- May/June ($42) ($21 for returning students)
Classes are held outdoors (weather permitting) in a variety of park-like areas in Regina. Some pre-requisites may be required to ensure the safety.
Participants will learn how to make walks more enjoyable (for the human and the dog) and instruction includes (but is not limited to):
- loose leash walking skills (on a short leash and a long leash)
- recall and attention
- social skills with other dogs (group walk) and meeting people (polite greetings)
- addressing and preventing over-reactivity
- off-leash preparation work
- using the environment as enrichment and as reinforcement
- enriching activities to easily do on a walk to engage your dog’s body, brain, and natural instincts such as dog parkour and SEARCH Fun.
Outdoor enrichment walks are important for physical, mental, and emotional health. Benefits include:
- weight loss and reduced inflammation,
- increased muscle tone and cardiovascular health,
- improved behaviours, and
- improved relationship